Ads 468x60px

Phantom Evil by Heather Graham

    Title: Phantom Evil





    Author: Heather Graham





    Published: Mira, 2011





    Pages: 320





    Series: Book 1, Krewe of Hunters





    First Line: " 'Mommy.' "





    Summary: A secret government unit is formed under the oversight of Adam Harrison, famed paranormal investigator. The six members he’s gathered know a little of the otherworldly — each has honed a psychic talent of their own.

    Jackson Crow, part English, part Cheyenne, heads the group. Haunted by his experience with an ancestral ghost who saved his life as a child, and the recent murders of two previous teammates, Jackson can’t tell if Adam’s demoted him or given him an extraordinary opportunity. Despite his link to the realm of spirits, he’s well aware that the living commit the most heinous crimes, with spiritualist charlatans existing merely to fool and seduce the unwary.

    To counterbalance Jackson’s careful skepticism, Adam Harrison has paired him with Angela Hawkins, a young woman who learned the painful lesson of loss at an early age. A police officer utilizing her paranormal intuition in Virginia, she already has her hands full. But Adam’s call to New Orleans is strong.

    The case: In a historic mansion in New Orleans’ French Quarter, a senator’s wife falls to her death from a balcony. Most think she jumped, distraught over the loss of her young son. Some say she was pushed. And yet others believe she was beckoned by the ghostly spirits that inhabit the house — once the site of a serial killer’s grisly work
    (Taken from Goodreads)


    Thoughts: Phantom Evil is the third book by Heather Graham I have read and I really enjoyed it.  In Phantom Evil there is some paranormal activity of the ghostly kind and it’s just the kind I liked.


    One thing I really liked was that the book was creepy enough that I got a little nervous reading it at night time.  I felt that there was just the right balance between the paranormal part and the real life part.  The mystery itself was really good too.


    I felt that Phantom Evil was quite well paced as there were no parts that were too slow and boring and there were no parts that were too fast so I didn’t know what was going on.


    The characters were all interesting and I thought that the team or the Krewe of Hunters worked together really well and I really enjoyed reading about them.  I look forward to reading more of the series especially if it’s going to be from one or two of the other team members’ perspectives.


    The ending was quite a surprise, I had no idea what was going to be the conclusion but when it happened I was surprised.  I honestly didn’t expect it and to be honest I still felt like I didn’t quite understand what had fully happened.


    Overall I found Phantom Evil to be quite a pleasant read and I look forward to reading more by Heather Graham.


    Source: NetGalley
    Source URL: https://free1image.blogspot.com/2011/03/phantom-evil-by-heather-graham.html
    Visit free image for daily updated images of art collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive