Ads 468x60px

What's Up With Your Blog?

    In other words, why do you blog? Or, maybe this could get a little controversial but most likely not.





    Well, I blog because I love books.  I absolutely love reading and I have my whole life.  I just haven't found someone who obsesses about books as much as I do and while I do push books at my sisters and friends to read they don't exactly jump at the chance to have a conversation about the books with me.





    So I made this blog so I could write about all the books I read and what I thought about them.  So if you ever agree or disagree with my thoughts on a book then go ahead and comment and discuss what you like or didn't like about a certain book.





    Sometimes it bothers me a little bit when people talk about how bloggers are unprofessional and shouldn't be taken seriously.  For starters it's a blog so it's really only somebody's ideas.  It's like everything on the internet if you want to read it then read it and if not ignore it.  I try to make my thoughts on the books I talk about honest because thats the point.  What would be the point of writing about my thoughts if I was going to lie.





    When it comes to accepting books for review I'm actually really flattered that someone out there is interested in my opinion and if they're willing to send me a book (which is rare when you live in New Zealand) then I will definitely take the time to read it and be honest about what I thought of it.





    One thing I have noticed about when I first started my blog was that I would look at raving reviews of books and think wow I need to read that and I would do that with a lot of books, so the books I'd end up reading would be books that I wouldn't always enjoy.  This year I'm trying to be more picky about the books I read and it's working out well so far.  I'm also currently reading my way through my review pile so that I can get on to reading more of the books I would prefer to read.





    So some of my thoughts/reviews of books on this blog may be of older books but that doesn't matter to me because at the end of the day, it's a book I wanted to read and it's a book that I have an opinion about and this is my blog so I can pretty much post anything I want to on here.





    So really, I blog because it is a way for me to ramble about books and see what other people think about the book if they've read it too.





    Sorry if this post was extremely long and rambling, there are times when I have to get things off my chest and I can get carried away some times so if you made it to the end of the post congrats and let me know your thoughts.Source URL: https://free1image.blogspot.com/2011/03/what-up-with-your-blog.html
    Visit free image for daily updated images of art collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive