Ads 468x60px

Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater

    Title: Shiver





    Author: Maggie Stiefvater





    Published: Scholastic Press, 2009





    Pages: 392





    Snippet: "As the hours crept by, the afternoon sunlight bleached all the books on the shelves to pale, gilded versions of themselves and warmed the paper and ink inside the covers so that the smell of unread words hung in the air."





    Summary: For years, Grace has watched the wolves in the woods behind her house. One yellow-eyed wolf—her wolf—is a chilling presence she can't seem to live without. Meanwhile, Sam has lived two lives: In winter, the frozen woods, the protection of the pack, and the silent company of a fearless girl. In summer, a few precious months of being human ... until the cold makes him shift back again. 

    Now, Grace meets a yellow-eyed boy whose familiarity takes her breath away. It's her wolf. It has to be. But as winter nears, Sam must fight to stay human--or risk losing himself, and Grace, forever.



    Review: I've never really been a fan of werewolves or romance novels but Shiver was a good choice in book for me to read.  Maggie Stiefvater is an amazing author, she weaved so much magic into the book Shiver by her descriptions alone.





    I liked the relationship between Sam and Grace.  It wasn't a clingy, needy relationship. They cared about each other equally and they just make the most amazing couple ever. They were so comfortable with each other and it was actually believable.





    The story line was really good. It was enough to keep me reading on in interest.  Not just because I feel obligated to finish the book.





    I think my favourite characters were Sam and Grace. Maybe more Sam but the good thing is I have found a book where I love the main characters and not the little obscure characters.





    Overall, Shiver is an amazing read and the werewolf angle is not overdone, there's just the right mix of romance and werewolves that makes the book work. I love the descriptions in the book too.  If you haven't read Shiver yet, you definitely should because it's fantastic.  I cannot wait for Linger.





    Source: LibrarySource URL: https://free1image.blogspot.com/2010/02/shiver-by-maggie-stiefvater.html
    Visit free image for daily updated images of art collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive